One of the first things most of our potential patients ask is, how much does LASIK cost? At ADV Vision, we believe that finances alone should not prohibit you from living life free from glasses and contacts. We strive to make vision correction possible for as many people and budgets possible.
Ways to Pay for LASIK
We are committed to providing the absolute best care using the latest vision correction technology. We’re also committed to making the life-changing benefits of clear vision affordable. ADV Vision allows you to pay for your procedure in a variety of ways- from financing, to FSA/HSA’s and other plans.
Dr. Paul Dougherty
A Nationally-Renown Surgeon with Over 40,000+ Vision Corrections Performed
- Paul J. Dougherty MD, medical director at Dougherty Laser Vision and ADV Vision, is among the nation’s most experienced laser and lens-based vision correction surgeons.
- He has personally performed more than 40,000 vision correction procedures to date.
- He has served as a principal investigator for multiple FDA clinical trials including CATz topography-guided LASIK, Visian ICL, Raindrop Implant for presbyopia and the Tetraflex Accommodating and Softec HD IOLs.
- Graduated first in his class at the UCLA School of Medicine and completed his residency at UCLA’s Jules Stein Eye Institute, where he performed award-winning research on the then nascent field of laser vision correction.
- Dr. Dougherty was one of the few surgeons in the United States to perform laser vision correction on an investigational basis prior to FDA approval in 1995.
- In 1997, he also became one of the first eye surgeons in the nation to have LASIK surgery performed on his own eyes.
- Awarded the Staar Surgical Green Jacket Award as one of the leading implanters of the Visan ICL in the US.
- An outspoken advocate and educator, Dr. Dougherty routinely lectures and teaches the latest techniques to other surgeons.
- He has served on the editorial board of the Journal of Refractive Surgery and authored numerous journals and LASIK consumer guides.
Dr. Adam Abroms
Serving the Central Californian Coast for 20+years with Thousands of Vision Corrections Performed
- In his more than two decades of practice, Dr. Abroms has performed tens of thousand of vision correction procedures.
- Dr. Abroms completed an internship in Internal Medicine at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, and then completed an Ophthalmology residency at University of California Irvine, where he was awarded Chief Resident.
- Completed the prestigious fellowship in Strabismus under Dr. Marshall Parks in Washington, DC.
- In addition to receiving numerous awards, Dr. Abroms has completed physics research at University of Pennsylvania, biophysics research at Harvard Medical chool, and Ophthalmology research at UCLA.
- He is the author ed and published research articles in scientific journals and medical textbook chapters. sumer guides.
ADV Vision Centers
ADV Vision is dedicated to providing world-class eye care to patients across California’s Central Coast. We offer a wide-range of vision correction services, from LASIK and lens implants to cataract surgery, glaucoma diagnosis/treatment, eyelid surgery and general ophthalmology. ADV Vision was formed via a partnership between San Luis Obispo ophthalmic surgeon Adam Abroms, M.D. and Southern California-based Dougherty Laser Vision. It combines innovation and state-of-the-art technology with a deep commitment to serving the Central Coast region.